Reporting to the Plexus EMEA Regional President, the VP- Manufacturing Operations is a key member of the EMEA Regional leadership team and Global Manufacturing leadership team and responsible for overall strategic vision and execution to that vision for those teams. The role is also responsible for customer service and operational excellence for the manufacturing operations in EMEA, which is experiencing a high revenue growth dynamic. This role will also focus heavily on people development to ensure strong leadership succession for future regional growth. The successful candidate will possess strong skills in the areas of influence, learning agility, leadership, motivation, self-awareness and teamwork.
- Facilitate the effective implementation of corporate strategy, revenue, working capital, profitability and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Provide a high level of strategic vision that facilitates successful tactical execution by the sites.
- Develop and implement programs and operational capabilities to ensure attainment of business plan for growth and profit.
- Assist sales and marketing to attract and close on new business opportunities. Play an active role in the presentation of the company and its strategy to customers.
- Develop executive level relationships with our customers
- Evaluate managerial talent taking the necessary action to strengthen the team as required; solidifying succession plans, mentoring subordinates and other employees, and improving overall management capabilities.
- Seek and implement improved processes and management methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization.
- Hold sites accountable for attracting, selecting, engaging and retaining great employees.
- Foster an attitude of operational excellence across the region.
- Work with customers, executives, senior managers, and sites to obtain prompt resolution on key business issues likely to impact customer satisfaction and overall company operations.
- Provide vision and guidance to operational teams within the region, holding them accountable for initiative development and attainment; with site strategies and initiatives aligned to fulfil the strategies of the region and corporation.
- Travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (up to 60%)
- A minimum of a(n) MBA or equivalent experience is preferred for this position; a Bachelor´s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution is required
- Experience of 15+ years is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met.
- Equivalent industry experience of 5 of more years is highly desirable.
- Have demonstrated the ability to effectively lead multi-site operations with $200M – $750M in annual revenue.
- Certified LEAN Sigma (from an independent certification company)
- General management experience is required. Prior experience demonstrating effective management skill in the EMS industry is required.
- Must have manufacturing, engineering, materials, sales, financial, and program management experiences and know-how, preferably within the EMS Industry.
- Must have excellent ability to articulate a value proposition, inspire creditability with technically demanding customers, and connect at all levels with the company and key customers
- Must be able to define, set, and communicate goals and priorities with sites, and hold site management accountable for reaching them.
- Must have a blend of small and large company experiences with well honed management skills, combined with team/collaborative decision-making ability.
- Must have an interactive management style with the drive and charisma to tackle problems head-on
- Must have strong motivation, must be intelligent, and have the ability to exercise good judgment to reach prudent decisions.
Apply or Apply with LinkedIn