Purpose Statement: Key global customer service leadership position responsible for leading the customer management team to advocate for customer and Plexus’ needs and translate the needs into action. The Senior Director - Customer Management represents voice of the customer internally and the voice of the business externally. The Senior Director - Customer Management leads the customer management team to create, manage and execute account strategies for assigned customers in order to meet sector revenue and profitability goals. The Senior Director - Customer Management plays a key role in developing the overall sector strategy. This position functions in tight cooperation with the Business Development team.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Customer Service Excellence – Ensure Plexus meets or exceeds the expectations of customers. Lead the customer management team to advocate for customer needs within Plexus and to represent Plexus’ needs and interests to the customer. Translate the needs and interests into action that meets or exceeds customer satisfaction goals and creates mutual benefit for Plexus.
- Customer Management Leadership – Provide guidance and set goals for the sector customer management team and contribute to broader goal development for the entire market sector. Hold the team accountable for meeting goals. Manage forecasting, including overall sector or sub-sector financial objectives per customer. Ensure the customer management team proactively manages customer P&Ls to meet objectives. Ensure the revenue goals for PLXS-MFG Solutions and PLXS-ENG Solutions are met or exceeded on all aspects of the Plexus value stream from Engineering Solutions (conceptualization) through Sustain.
- Market Sector Strategy – Play an active role in Plexus’s annual strategy process by voicing the needs of customers. Use market sector knowledge and research to help create and maintain a sector strategy. Communicate the market sector strategy and the overall Plexus strategy as it relates to customer management to the extended sector team including supply chain, engineering and manufacturing solutions, After-Market Services, costing and finance.
- Cross-Functional Leadership – Provide guidance and leadership to the sector team and to other areas of the organization that interact with the sector management (i.e. costing, finance, sites, operation management, material, regions) in order to achieve the sector goals and PLXS enduring goals. Communicate clear objectives within and outside of the sector customer management team to ensure expectations and accountabilities are understood. Establish a consistent operating rhythm to normalize collaboration and help achieve sector goals.
- Team Development - Develop a strong and capable market sector team that functions as a unit, enabling revenue growth and financial performance that meets or exceeds established annual targets. In the process, hold the staff accountable for results. Grow talent and develop successors/new leaders for Plexus.
- Accountable to execute on Plexus’ Best People strategy, leaders will focus on evaluating potential, driving succession planning and ensuring that their employees receive the development and coaching required to realize their full potential.
- Lead periodic multi-level customer business reviews to ensure engagement at all levels of Plexus/customer and maintain consistency in the global processes. Ensure alignment of site teams through education on appropriate process improvement initiatives as a result of the reviews.
- Build and maintain multi-level relationships with key positions in the customer’s organization. Build and maintain relationships within Plexus to drive execution. Serve as a key escalation point within the sector to resolve issues related to customer management.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the overall market sector. Maintain a working knowledge of current customers, including their business model, product needs, and Plexus’ competitors for the customers’ business. Communicate internally the factors that may be changing and impacting the market sector, and how those changes impact Plexus.
- Lead the customer management team to create and execute plans to differentiate Plexus service offerings in order to increase profitable revenue, improve account penetration and enhance customer stickiness.
- Oversee preparation for customer site visits. Provide leadership and coordination within Plexus to ensure visit/meeting goals are communicated to Plexus resources prior to the meeting. Lead Plexus customer site visit planning and drive the Plexus manufacturing and engineering sites’ visit preparation.
- Participate in Executive Business Reviews for assigned sector.
- Frequent travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 50%).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering is required; an MBA or similar post graduate degree is preferred.
- Fifteen (15) years of related experience is required; Five (5) years of related experience is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Expertise in EMS and the specific market sector.
- Strong understanding of business concepts and finance (P&L), cost models and contracts and negotiation.
- Strong ability to think strategically and solve problems proactively, including making timely and effective decisions in complex and ambiguous situations. Advanced critical thinking skills and quantitative analysis ability.
- Proven ability to influence others, including relationship-building, conflict resolution and leadership competencies as defined by the company. Ability to lead without formal authority.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment, including cross-functional teams.
- Ability to follow through on assignments with little to no supervision. Strong attention to detail, time management skills, and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with and influence internal and external senior-level decision makers. Must have strong presentation skills and the ability to represent Plexus Corp. in a professional manner.
- Understand and be capable of effectively communicating the value of all of Plexus services: design, development, test, prototyping, manufacturing, supply chain solutions, and aftermarket services.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all customer and company information.
- Ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural, global environment.
- Ability to recruit, lead and develop a strong customer management team.
- The work setting should consist of an office environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a low noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
Plexus is a global organization, whose headquarters are located in the United States and whose services are offered through its international affiliates. In order to meet the needs of its Customers, many of which are also international organizations, Plexus operates under a matrix organizational structure whereby employees are expected to interact with colleagues, managers and senior leadership in any of our international locations. Therefore, although the position described herein is offered by Plexus Corp (UK) Limited, the services of the employee are rendered in a global or group-wide context.
For additional information on Plexus’ international locations, please visit https://www.plexus.com/en-us/about/locations
Apply or Apply with LinkedIn