The Applications Engineer will be responsible for supporting applications activities. The position requires interaction with customers at all levels of system design/development, component engineering, and general management. The Applications Engineer must provide thorough technical support that includes a timely review of customer designs, troubleshooting customer issues, and product promotion related to the product portfolio. Technical support includes designing evaluation boards with user guides and generation application notes.
Our client is one of the leading American semiconductor suppliers offering a broad portfolio of power and signal management, logic, discrete and custom devices which helps customers efficiently solve their design challenges for different markets.
- Solution Development (concept, hardware, software, PCB) for target applications with general support from different BUs.
- In close cooperation with the Application Engineering colleagues and sales staff, drive and/or support the creation and execution of high value application kits e.g. Reference Designs using different components, or Reference Designs for an component used in another than its original focus application.
- Support the BU’s in the creation of their product kits and proof of concept (product specific demo’s and evaluation kits for the target application of that product).
- Support the BU in defining the application specific tests and the definition of the test setup, and review/comment their application test results for the new products in development.
- Provide training on for Sales/FAE
- Support the creation of compelling system-level design-in applications collateral – articles, demos, technical keynotes and/or panel presentations.
- BS in electrical engineering required with systems experience.
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable in the following areas: system expertise (automotive preferred), application circuit design, reliability requirements, design for EMI/EMC, ESD, design for testability.
- PCB design tools – schematic capture, simulation, layout.
- Programming tools desired: embedded C, C# .net framework.
- Knowledge and experience in Linear ICs, mixed-mode ICs, power supply products, preferred in semiconductor products.
- Active listening, open minded, analyzing, judging, influencing.
- Must be fluent in German (verbal and written) and English.
- Self-initiative, self-motivating, prepared to continue learning.
Stellenanzeige als PDF
+49 (0)8106 3684 46