ROHM Semiconductor is one of the major global semiconductor companies with over 20,000 employees. We design and produce a very wide range of electronic components, from ICs (ASIC, ASSP) to discretes, optoelectronics and passives. Our product range also comprises thermal printheads and contact image sensors.
ROHM is a leading company in the field of Silicon Carbide (SiC). ROHM in Europe has been established 40 years ago and is based in Willich (close to Düsseldorf). We serve the European market with our sales forces located in 10 offices and the European Technical Support Centre.
For our location in Willich, Stuttgart and Nuremberg we are looking for Field Application Engineers (m/f).
The position is within the European Technical Support Centre where you will be responsible for the technical support of our automotive customers using new and innovative semiconductor solutions especially focusing on power management solutions, automotive LED drivers and display electronics. The role is also seen as the voice of the customer to the Marketing department and IC Engineering teams.
- Design of power conversion applications (DC/DC), LED lighting systems and display electronics (timing controllers, back lighting); component choice, system calculations, PCB design and evaluation
- Design reference and evaluation of PCBs
- Supporting identified business opportunities for assigned product areas within our defined focused accounts
- Providing the customer with in depth technical design assistance
- Writing application notes
- Undertaking custom measurements on our devices to demonstrate that our products will meet the customer’s specifications and conditions
- Competitive analysis
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Adequate years of experience as Field Application Engineer
- Basic understanding of analog and mixed signal IC design to be able to communicate effectively with designers
- Experimental skills to evaluate and characterize new products and applications in the lab
- Negotiation skills with customers addressing technical problems
- Fluent language skills in English and preferably in German
An interesting and varied job within a co-operative international working environment awaits you!
Please send us your application including your salary expectations and the earliest date you would be available to start work.
ROHM Semiconductor GmbH
47877 Willich, Germany
Phone: +49 2154 921-179