Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development, and knows that a successful company is built on great leaders at all levels. Plexus is a highly respected leader in the EMS industry, specializing in the mid to low volume, higher complexity products in four market sectors: Healthcare & Life Sciences, Industrial & Commercial, Communications, and Defense & Aerospace.
We are looking for a highly talented individual to lead business development opportunities within the DACH region across our focused sectors. The ideal candidate will have the expertise and drive to develop markets, find customers and win accounts that meet Plexus’ objectives and “Customer of Choice” criteria. Our Business Development Directors work with potential targets and existing customers to understand their needs and translate them into solutions which Plexus can deliver across our entire Product Realization Value Chain.
Is this you?
- You thrive on identifying and developing new leads, evolving them into engagements and converting them into successful business opportunities. You recognize that our success is our customer’s success.
- You thrive at building trust and creating business partnerships centered around solutions for our customers that take them from design to sustainability.
- You actively promote design, engineering and manufacturing excellence to secure competitive advantages for our mid-low volume and higher complexity markets.
- You create long term business partnerships through consulting and problem solving approaches.
- You have a proven ability to be influential in devising and implementing successful performance strategies.
- You collaborate with colleagues and offer guidance on strategies to secure the best pricing in order to achieve the best business result.
- You are a forward thinker and can easily identify market trends, competition and market opportunities and ensure they are addressed in a proactive manner.
- You provide leadership through innovation, strategic foresight and dedication to grow our organization. Act as a Subject Matter Expert in an assigned sector to develop deep consultative credibility in the eyes of our target accounts.
The successful candidate’s experience, skills and abilities will include:
- Experience in Electronic Manufacturing Services.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge in electronics or engineering design environment.
- Proven experience in successfully developing sales opportunities and closing business.
- Solid knowledge of the business development sales process from prospects though rewards.
- Demonstrated success in executive-level selling and marketing.
- Understanding of the DACH region markets and the EMS industry (desired).
- Knowledge of business finance and experience developing cost models.
- The ability to influence and lead without formal authority.
- The ability to proactively solve problems and the ability to make timely and effective decisions to reactively solve problems, when required.
- A proven ability to influence others, including relationship building, conflict resolution and negotiation skills, as well as overall leadership competencies.
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow through on assignments with little to no supervision.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field is required for this position; a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or technical field such as Engineering is preferred.
- Experience of 8 years is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 2 or more years is a plus.
Apply or Apply with LinkedIn